We at Bisou tend to get pretty excited around here when news of the 2015 wedding dress trends comes fluttering over to us from the runways. It is like a child on Christmas morning that is opening the most exciting gift of the day, the one they have saved and waited patiently for so that they could end their Christmas morning on the highest note. With our busiest design season lying ahead of us, we are using these trends as inspiration for wedding design plans that transcend far beyond the wedding gown. I usually like to give my clients a top 5 list, however this years line up of wedding gown trends made that a daunting task. Therefore, I give you 2015 Top 7 Wedding Dress Trends:
1. Dramatic Necklines: High or low, necklines for 2015 are fabulous! Whether it is the deepest plunge that will require some handy dandy double-sided garment tape applied by yours truly, or the most elegant layering of chiffon covering the entire neck, these necklines will make your love's knees weak.
2. Flowy Ball gowns: The ever-classic ball gown is flowier than ever this season. With a focus on breezy fabrics that will move so elegantly with each and every dance step, this is one of our favorite trends for next year.
3. Clean Modern Lines: On the completely opposite end of the spectrum, clean modern lines are back in a bold way. There are no thrills to these gowns, just pure elegance. Keep the focus on the accessories, and bear in mind that big beautiful cuffs are hugely popular for 2015!
4. Sheer Gowns: Don't be scared off by the sounds of this trend. These sheer gowns are an extension of your skin, and the natural flow is just breathtaking. Reem Acra (one of my all time favorite wedding gown designers), Carolina Herrera, and Watters all showcased some amazing sheer gowns.
5. Cap Sleeves: There is something so romantic about a cap sleeved wedding gown. I was so pleased to see it all over the runway this year.
6. Non Traditional Colors: Blush and beige wedding gowns have been quite popular over the last couple of years however this year the color palette for the wedding gown has expanded even more. We saw everything, from shades of blues, greens, pinks and even metallics. Just stunning!
7. Lace Sleeves: Ever since Kate Middleton took our breath away on her wedding day in 2011, lace wedding gowns have been all the rage, and it doesn't look like the trend will be wilting away any time soon. These gowns scream Grace Kelly, and I couldn't think of a better fashion icon for all women to admire.