Happy National Wedding Planning Day!!! In celebration of such an exciting holiday, we here at Bisou thought it would be appropriate to share more about what it is exactly that we do! Wedding planning can be a stressful and overwhelming process, but it doesn't have to be. One of the best ways to alleviate stress and fully enjoy the months leading up to the big day, is to hire a wedding planner. Here are just five of the many reasons why hiring a wedding planner is a really good decision!
1. Being engaged is an incredible feeling and a unique time for you and your partner. Why would you want to spend that time stressing over decisions and details that could be handled by someone else? Hiring a wedding planner allows for you and your partner to focus on the commitment you're making to each other rather than what time the flowers need to be delivered the day of. So let yourself revel in the excitement and giddiness of your evolving love and leave the details to a professional!
2. While you may have spent many hours on a beautiful wedding Pinterest board, bringing that Pinterest board to life is a whole other story. A wedding planner can help you figure out how to make those fantasies come to life. They will know what is and is not realistic and how to make each idea fit together cohesively. So before you spend countless hours attempting absurd DIY projects that don't fit together aesthetically, you can consult with someone who has extensive experience and knowledge of what works and what does not!
3. While you may have a friend from college who took a class in photography, chances are you do not have the same connections to quality and professional vendors that a wedding planner does. The wedding planning business is a close knit community, and a wedding planner will know from experience which vendors are great to work with and which are not. Here at Bisou, we know who is the best of the best and who will end up being problematic. Rather than creating more stress for yourself by hiring a vendor who will be a nightmare to work with, you have someone who is able to steal you away from those vendors in the first place.
4. On your wedding day, the only thing you should be focused on is marrying the love of your life and treasuring every moment of that special day. What you don't want to be doing is fielding calls and checking in with vendors to make sure everything is running smoothly and happening on time. That's our job! We create and distribute a detailed day of timeline complete with contact information and all to all of the vendors and keep things on track while you celebrate with friends and family!
5. At the end of the day, you simply can't account for every possible incident. But, you can have a wedding planner available to handle any and all incidents on the spot! At Bisou, we are quick on our feet and good at on the spot problem solving. How could you possibly predict that your maid of honor would get heartburn right before her speech, or that one of the buttons would pop of your dress when you're trying to bustle it for the reception? There is enough to think about on your wedding day than unlikely snafus such as these, but a wedding planner would be able to take care of these things before you were even aware there was a problem!
Your wedding day should be pure bliss. If you walk away believing that to be true, then your wedding planner has done their job well. You deserve to enjoy the little moments and joys throughout the whole wedding planning process and day of, and we don't want anything distracting you from those magical moments. We wish you all a happy National Wedding Planning Day!